Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
The following are instructions and preparations you need to be aware of before and after your surgery. On the day of your surgery, you will be given a detailed list of instructions for post-op care. Please read this information carefully.
Preparing for surgery:
1. You must have nothing to eat or drink, not even water for 8 hours before surgery. (If you have been advised by your doctor to take medication before surgery, you may have a small amount of a water to do so).
2. Brush your teeth prior to your appointment (be sure not to swallow any water).
3. Wear loose and comfortable clothes. Be sure to wear short sleeves or a shirt that the sleeves can be easily rolled up past the elbow.
4. Remove nail polish and artificial nails.
5. You must have a ride wait for you in the waiting room during the entire surgical procedure or we will not perform the surgery.